sábado, 23 de abril de 2016

The Arcon of my Memories


From Buenos Aires, Argentina in this gray afternoon where it would seem to be the Sun, waiting for the party/San Lorenzo huracan, today again in another chapter, open them the trunk of my memories, full of knowledge and tools.  In honor of the truth moldureros brushes never use, because we have the Tupi and in my childhood memories, my grandfather and the carpenters I competed because I approached the counter of tupi, because in summer, I liked to receive the giro of the fierce air, wants to say that it just he come at the height of the machine table.

I remember woodworking machines functioned with a single (huge) engine and transmitting speed by flat belts; put them in operation with an iron that moved the strap of each machine to the fixed pulley, this (pulley) was a double one was crazy and the other fixed, means that when you ran the belt to the "idler" the machine stopped working; engine is lit at 6 in the morning, went out at 12, became switched on to the 13 and was finished the day of machines at 1630 when engine is turned off, you have half an hour to clean and day was finished...  With this system functioned in the sierra, tupi, the jointer plane, the escopladora /cadena and brush. In those years, "it" was an advanced woodworking, ja ja ja

In  the year 65 I met a similar system in Oblak, main jointer worked with only one motor at adistance and different flat belts spinning "puppets" there I learned to prepare this machine and all kinds of machines, thanks to Felix Oblak, a "bocho", the Yugoslav, never in my professional life I met a person who knew both machines; It work with 2 years, one day send me a shit; start a main engine at once, sorry... I explain... formerly the ignition key, I think it was called "Star", had points and vos as he got up to speed, to pass to the next point and I that day betting with an "idiot", what happens if it gave him boot hit? and... I gave him hit start and... flew all to shit, I seem to still hear the cries of Felix... "Buro, Buro, Buro, snow white Buro, Buro"!, (I clarified in poorly pronounced Spanish donkey ,and... good  I was still a boy, after 3-day suspension ends making "soretero" (cleaning the bathrooms), After a few days, rescue me from there another big my Masters Francisco Coppola... but this is another story that will tell it later...


Following with ancient tools, the most terrible for me they are not here and are two "squeegee and the sandpaper", have idea who is raquetear veneer tape once it leaves the "Cove", in summer, with 40 degrees of heat, under sheets of zinc, have to experience it to really know and sand molding "tack" or "cherry" made with iron in the tupi departing all goleadas and without deforming the trim tab, when you have it all finished comes the head, take the stack of molding and passes him a wet rag and appear all the sheer, and… ... Rejects them them all!! "" ", not... If you didn't won't idea... otherwise... prepare the Brazier to the tail" you with milk ","fish tail", prepare resin for"Creek"... the beautiful thing of this trade, which is when the enchapador teaches you to prepare the veneer for the"Cove"and last award"lets you see", if you read well" lets you see "as prepares the" ransom of pen and "real estate" and decorative inlays in the plate If... you know why... because once confined is the "European Americans" to carry out these works in their sectors and not allowed you to see, that upholsterers, polishes and “enchapadores” o (laminators) will take you to Matt Prime and see... If you... only for "view" because they considered us "black heads" and did not want us to teach.

Well, San Lorenzo won you for Huracán 1 to 0 and not you entertain more, the reason for these increases is because this year (11/1/2016) meet 51 years in the Guild and not counting the 12 previous years that I was born and lived in a carpentry thanks this miracle that is the web, your thousands of kilometres away you can read my experiences of this "Carpenter trade" comes up to here thanks to my teachers that had very good, who lost his life hours teaching me this "beautiful profession", and to those who can go naming and that I do not remember that you forgive me, this is a tribute they which I'm you eternally grateful.

And you "Colleague", you're just doing your first weapons, often without money, without machines, no shed, few sometimes without to pay the rent and how many times without vehicle... and how many times without work!!!!! I tell you can is, everything is exceeded, if today was a bad day, tomorrow will be a day better, the road is long with many obstacles, but the force inside that we carry those who embrace this noble "craft of Carpenter", called "Faith" will make to pass them everything, I guarantee you that at the end of the road the prize is great. Finally the only thing that it remains for me to say, and as we say today in my country, "take care" this "profession" is mu treacherous and mutilation are the order of the day, don't get behind a machine nervous or fortified, which writes these lines came to the 51anos of trade without mutilations that at the end of the ascent are photographed my 10 phalanges can reach the end without mutilation , prioritizing the safety of yours and that of your colleagues and of course thank you of God


Sucarpinteriaorg.blogspot.com

Juan Carlos Delapuente




He is hating handsaw cut plates that before were 5.20 meters





No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario